We appreciate your interest in being a part of our team. We are seeking to fill multiple vacancies for our Area Manager role with an anticipated start date of October, 2022. The Area Manager position at Georgia Tech is a mid-level manager position who oversees a team of professional staff Hall Directors and their respective residence hall communities. In this role, you’ll take your prior residence hall experience to the next level. You’ll encounter new challenges and opportunities developing professional staff, managing operations, and building an engaging community. While this is not a live-in position, you’ll still get plenty of facetime with residents in this role.
We are in an exciting time of change with new department executive leadership, long-term growth plans, and are now housed in a brand new Student Engagement and Well-Being division. We expect to see more significant developments over the next few years to continue to best support our residents in new and innovative ways.
Georgia Tech Housing and Residence Life houses over 8,000 on-campus residents each academic year among our 49 traditional, suite, and apartment residence halls, some of which were constructed for the 1996 Summer Olympics. Over 200 professional staff members and 300 student employees serve our residents within the departments of Residence Life, Facilities, Operations and Strategic Alliances, Finance, and Conference Services.
How We Hire
- Apply Online | Submit your application via Georgia Tech Human Resources and search for position numbers below. While our position will remain open and rolling, we have a priority deadline of August 1, 2022 for the strongest consideration.
Position numbers: 244622, 244623, 244624, 244625
- Resume Review | Your resume and qualifications will be reviewed by a panel of staff members on a rolling basis. Virtual interviews will be extended to select candidates for further conversation.
- Phone Interviews | If you are selected for a virtual interview, we will spend about 45 minutes learning more about you, your skills, and your experiences. You will also have time to ask us questions.
- Final Interviews | We will review our phone interview notes and extend a final round of interviews to candidates who demonstrate the strongest alignment with our positional needs. Final interviews will be a one-day experience conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams and will give you the opportunity to meet a variety of team members and ask questions.
- Decision and Offers | After final interviews are completed, we will extend offers to select candidates. In the event we find your skills impressive but are not able to extend an offer to you at that time, we will retain your candidate file and be in touch with you should we have future openings.
- Salary range: $47,128-54,317 (non-negotiable)
- Professional development opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid sick and vacation time, accruable monthly
- Retirement plan w/ 9-19% 401k match available
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
|If you currently love…||Then you’ll enjoy…|
|Supervising staff||Directly supervising and coaching professional staff Hall Directors, as well as mentoring and advising Resident Assistants.|
|Facilities and operations management||Escalating community concerns, being informed about project timelines and having an opportunity to participate in upper-level facilities meetings.|
|Supporting residents||Interacting with students and being present among your area community. Building relationships with residents through high-level conduct meetings and rotational duty crisis management.|
|Advocacy||Promoting advocacy amongst your professional staff team for themselves and their communities they serve as well as for students.|
|Community development||Providing support, advice and coaching to professional staff as they develop their hall communities.|
|Committees||Lending your voice and experience to a variety of departmental processes and initiatives.|
Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. Housing and Residence Life is committed to providing all applicants with an equitable candidate experience so should you require an accommodation during any part of the search process please reach out to Kaleitha Johnson at email@example.com. Currently, we are unable to provide immigration sponsorship for this position.